How to Prevent Hair Loss at The Age of 40?
According to a research study published in the Wiley Online Library, about half of all men will experience hair loss due to hereditary conditions like androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) by the age of 40. Similarly, more than half of the women will experience hereditary hair loss (female pattern baldness) before the age of 70.
There are many things you can do to slow or stop the hair loss process. But what to do depends on the reason why you’re losing your hair. Mentioned below are some hair fall treatments, specially compiled for you.
Also read: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-conditions
- Hairfall control diet: Your diet should comprise of fresh fruits, vegetables and raw herbs (parsley, basil and green salads) that will help reduce the risk of androgenic alopecia (female pattern baldness and male pattern baldness) or slow down its onset.
- Protein treatment for hair: Our hair follicles are made of a protein called keratin; thus, eating a protein rich diet can prevent hair loss. Healthy food choices include eggs, nuts, beans, peas, fish, low-fat dairy products, chicken and turkey.
- Hair growth vitamins: As per a research study by the Springer Link, vitamins A, B, C, D, iron, selenium and zinc are all important for the hair growth and retention processes, specifically with cell turnover. Moreover, vitamin D is beneficial in non scarring alopecia. Vitamin A is composed in part of retinoids, which can increase the rate of hair growth. This vitamin may also help with sebum production, keeping the scalp healthy. You can include food such as sweet potatoes, sweet peppers and spinach in your diet.
- Biotin for hair loss: Biotin (vitamin H or B7) is involved in fatty acid synthesis in the body. This process is essential for the hair growth cycle. You can include eggs, fish, meat, legumes, seeds and nuts in your diet.
- Hair growth oils: Lauric acid found in coconut oil helps bind protein in hair, preventing hair breakage from its roots. Additionally, olive oil can be used as a deep conditioner, protecting it from dryness and hair breakage. Olive oil is also a central ingredient in the Mediterranean diet (comprising of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes), which can help slow down genetic hair loss.
- Onion juice: Patients with alopecia areata can see hair regrowth after applying crude onion juice on their scalp. As per a research study published in the Wiley Online Library, onion juice promotes hair growth due to its properties of sulphur content.
- Ginseng (oval shaped root): It contains certain phytochemicals that may promote hair growth on the scalp.
- Saw palmetto (plant with small berries): According to a clinical research study by the Semantic Scholar, 60 percent of participants taking saw palmetto experienced improved hair growth. The recommended dosage in this study was 200 milligrams daily.
- Regular washing: You should wash your hair regularly to protect it against hair loss by keeping the scalp clean. You must try to always use mild natural shampoos and conditioners.
- Gentle styling: You should skip tight braids or ponytails that can pull your hair at the root and potentially lead to excessive hair loss. Additionally, let your hair air dry and avoid irritating your scalp. Heat stylers, like curling or straightening irons, can damage or break your hair shaft.
- Hair processing: Chemical treatments like perms or hair colour can also damage your hair and scalp. Instead, opt for alternatives like organic hair dyes that do not contain ammonia, peroxide or Para-Phenylenediamine (PPD).
- Massage: You know scalp massage feels good, but it can help grow your hair too.
- Yoga for hair fall: Hair loss caused by stress may respond well to yoga. Try these stress-relieving yoga poses such as forward bend, camel pose, shoulder stand, fish pose and kneeling pose and prevent hair loss.
Read about the hair loss treatment at Dr Batra’s™: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-treatment-at-dr-batras
According to a clinical research study published in The US National Library of Medicine, any hair treatment may take anywhere from six months to a year for hair fall control.
Hair Loss Treatment
The hair loss treatment can give the best results when started with the early signs of hair loss. A trichologist will diagnose pattern hair loss by understanding your medical history and examining the scalp. The best hair fall treatment can control your hair fall and enhance hair growth.
Dr Batra’s™ provides the best solution for hair fall by combining homeopathy and aesthetics. If you experience age related hair loss, then aesthetic treatments such as groHair or STMcell can be helpful (results will be patient specific). Dr Batra’s™ Geno Homeopathy treatment for hair loss is a gene targeted homeopathic therapy. It provides 99.9% accurate test results and can possibly also prevent hereditary hair loss. Hair Vitalizing Treatment (HVT) is also recommended as a supplementary treatment to regain hair.
You can easily learn about your current hair condition by taking the Dr Batra’s™ hair loss evaluation test in the comfort of your home. The homeopathic doctor in our clinic will provide a customised hair treatment plan based on the conditions that affect your hair growth. Book an appointment with us at Dr Batra’s™ https://www.drbatras.ae/book-an-appointment and let our expert homeopathic specialist eradicate all your hair problems.