Is Male Pattern Baldness Stoppable?
As per a research study published in The US National Library Of Medicine, male pattern baldness, also known as androgenetic alopecia, is an inherited trait. It affects more than half of the men over the age of 50.
Hereditary-pattern baldness is the most common cause of hair loss. Hereditary hair los is not really a hair disease, but a natural condition caused by a combination of genetics, hormone levels and the aging process. Almost all men and women will experience hair loss or hair thinning as they age.
You cannot prevent hair fall as you age, but there are treatments and remedies that might slow down the process. Here are some hair loss treatments you can opt for to curtail male pattern baldness:
Also read: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-conditions
- Diet for hair fall: A well-balanced diet can keep your hair in top-notch condition. Make sure you include a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, unsaturated fats, lean proteins in your diet and limit your intake of sweets. Certain vitamins and minerals found in food are associated with healthy hair. Try adding these types of food in your diet:
- Iron-rich food, including lean beef, beans, green leafy vegetables, iron-fortified grains and eggs.
- Food rich in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, mackerel, tuna, flax seeds, egg yolks, hemp seeds (brown seeds from the sativa plant) and walnuts.
- High-protein foods, like eggs, lean meats and seafood.
- Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water.
- Be gentle with your hair: Try to be as gentle as possible when brushing and styling your hair. Constantly twisting, twirling or pulling your hair can lead to hair loss. If you’re worried about hair loss, you must avoid the following:
- Tight hairstyles, such as cornrows
- Chemicals used in hair straightening treatment
- Hot oil treatment
- Bleaching your hair
- Scalp massage: Massages not only feel wonderful, but they can help with your hair loss too. Massaging the scalp stimulates the hair follicles and prevents hair loss.
- Hair fall oils: According to a research study published in The US National Library of Medicine, peppermint oil can help with hair growth. Rosemary oil has also been traditionally used to increase blood circulation on the scalp. Coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil are also widely recommended for hair growth.
- Biotin for hair growth: Biotin is a vitamin found naturally in food such as:
- Sweet potatoes
You can also opt for biotin supplements with the advise of your hair doctor to slow down the hair loss process.
- Onion juice: As per a research study published in the Wiley Online Library, applying onion juice on hair and scalp resulted in significantly more hair regrowth in patients with patchy alopecia areata.
- Bhringraj (Eclipta alba): It is also called as false daisy with a reputation in Ayurvedic tradition as an herb that supports hair growth.
- Hibiscus: According to a research study by The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), hibiscus rosa-sinesis is widely used in India for hair growth.
- Quit smoking: If you’re a chain smoker, you’ve probably heard about all the negative effects smoking has on your lungs. But did you know that smoking could cause hair loss—along with facial wrinkles and premature graying of hair? To prevent hair loss, it is a good idea to quit smoking.
- Reduce stress: Stress can really take a toll on your body, including your hair. Hair loss can be a result of a stressful lifestyle. Strategic measures to reduce stress include:
- Regular exercise
- Listening to music
- Doing yoga
- Getting sound 8 to 9 hours of sleep.
- Change or alter certain conventional medications: Certain medications for heart treatment, chemotherapy or radiation treatment, blood thinners (anticoagulants) and depression can lead to hair loss. In most cases, there will be hair growth once the treatment is stopped. You should always consult your healthcare provider for other alternative treatment plans.
Read about the hair loss treatment at Dr Batra’s™: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-treatment-at-dr-batras
Going bald can be a big change in your appearance and personality. You should seek immediate medical help if you experience anxiety and depression, low self-esteem, or other emotional problems because of male pattern baldness.
Hair Loss Treatment for Men
The best hair growth treatment for men can control your hair fall and enhance hair growth. The hair loss treatment can give the best results when started with the early signs of hair loss. A trichologist will diagnose male pattern baldness by understanding your medical history and a physical examination of the scalp.
At Dr Batra’s™, our expert homeopathic doctors combine homeopathy and aesthetics to provide you with the best solution for hair fall. Different aesthetic treatments can enhance the result of your hair loss treatment. Hair Vitalizing Treatment (HVT) is a US-FDA approved hair therapy that can help to regain hair. Aesthetic treatments such as groHair or STMcell can be very helpful in treating age-related hair loss (results will be patient specific).
You can know the present condition of your hair by taking the Dr Batra’s™ free hair loss evaluation test. The homeopathic doctor at our clinic will provide a personalized hair treatment plan based on your current hair health. Book an appointment with us at Dr Batra’s™ https://www.drbatras.ae/book-an-appointment and let our expert homeopathic specialist take care of your hair problems!