Acne Treatment: Best Acne Treatment In Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain , UAE
Acne is a common skin problem that affects both men and women. It is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that is characterized by pimples on the face, neck, chest, shoulders, back and upper arms. The condition can affect anyone at any age, but it is more common amongst teenagers.
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, acne is estimated to affect 9.4% of the global population. This makes it the eighth most prevalent disease in the world.
(Source: NCBI, reference: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25597339/#:~:text=Abstract,eighth%20most%20prevalent%20disease%20worldwide.)
What Causes Acne?
Our skin has tiny openings called pores. These pores produce a natural oil called sebum that keeps the skin lubricated and soft. Sebum maintains the elasticity of the skin. Excess production of sebum attracts dirt and blocks the pores causing acne.
Various other factors like hormonal imbalances, unhealthy foods, lifestyle choices, stress and menstrual hormones can also cause acne.
Whiteheads, Blackheads, Papules, Acne Pustules, Acne Nodules and Cystic Acne are the most common types of acne. Acne can lead to scarring of the skin, and therefore, prompt acne treatment is essential.
The Impact Of Acne On The Quality Of Life
Acne that appears on the face can cause emotional distress. It can negatively impact the mood, self-esteem and interpersonal relationships, especially among adolescents.
As per a study conducted in Greece on adolescents, acne impacts the quality of life. The impact is found to be proportional to the severity of acne. The more severe forms of acne are associated with a greater effect on the quality of life with implications on self-esteem, the body image and the relationship with others. (Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3699905/)
Acne can impact one’s outlook on life. In many cases, this skin condition affects the patient’s psyche in the following ways:
- Low Self-esteem
- Social Isolation
- Negative Body Image
- Low Self-confidence
- Anger and Frustration
Homeopathy is a safe and gentle method to treat all types of acne. Consult Acne Experts at Dr Batra’s here.
What are the main causes of Acne
Two major factors cause acne: Overactive sebaceous glands and acne-causing bacteria. Other factors causing acne are genetics, hormonal factors, various medications, friction on the skin, stress and some cosmetics.
1. Sebum: The skin consists of glands called sebaceous glands that produce an oil called sebum to keep the skin soft and lubricated. When sebum is produced in excess, it gets trapped inside the pores causing acne.
2. Bacteria: Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) is the bacteria that causes acne. It resides on the skin and is normally harmless. But in some people, these bacteria start irritating the skin leading to inflamed acne.
3. Genetics: Genetics can determine what your skin type is and how effective your immune system is against bacteria that promote acne. If your parents have oily skin or have had severe skin and acne issues, then you are at a higher risk of acne breakouts.
4. Hormonal Changes: The production of growth hormones increase during puberty. Some of these growth hormones cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and produce more sebum, leading to acne.
In women, hormonal changes during pregnancy, menstrual cycle and menopause can affect sebum production and lead to the development of acne. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS) is a common cause of acne as well.
5. Medications: Medicines that contain corticosteroids, testosterone or lithium can lead to severe acne.
6. Friction: Constant friction or pressure on the skin can cause acne. For example, rubbing your skin roughly while cleansing your face can cause acne breakouts. Also, the use of unclean mobile phones, masks and helmets which often come in contact with skin can cause acne.
7. Stress: Stress does not directly cause acne. However, if you have acne, stress can make it worse.
8. Cosmetics: Certain cosmetics, if left on the skin for long periods of time can clog the pores leading to acne. Also, some ingredients used in some cosmetics such as dyes, acrylics, parabens, and silicones, can clog pores and cause acne.
What are the symptoms of Acne
Acne can be mild, moderate and severe. In case of mild acne, few and fairly minor blackheads, whiteheads, bumps and pimples are noticed. With moderate acne, inflamed papules and pustules will be more noticeable along with bumps and blackheads. Severe acne is characterized by inflamed, red, swollen and large lesions in the form of acne nodules or cysts.
What are the different types of Acne
There are six types of acne - Whiteheads, Blackheads, Acne Papules, Acne Pustules, Nodules and Cystic Acne.
Whiteheads: Whiteheads are a mild form of acne that generally appear on the oiliest areas of the body. They are visible as small, round, white bumps on the surface of the skin. Whiteheads occur when a pore becomes clogged with sebum, dead skin cells, or debris. This type of acne is commonly seen on the forehead, nose and chin. They can be found on the chest, shoulders, back and arms as well.
Blackheads: Blackheads are small black bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. In this mild type of acne, the surface of the skin looks dark or black. It is generally seen on the face but can also appear on the back, chest, neck, arms, and shoulders. Blackheads are slightly raised, although they are not painful. They are easy to spot on the skin because of their dark color.
Acne Papules: When a pore is clogged and the walls surrounding the skin pores break-down due to severe inflammation, papules are formed. Papules are inflamed red bumps that appear on the skin’s surface with no visible fluid. This type of acne can be large or small, and it can occur on the face or the body. When a papule accumulates pus, it becomes a pustule.
Acne Pustules: Acne Pustules are inflamed red pimples with a white, yellow or cream colored head. Filled with pus in the center, sometimes a brownish spot is noticed on the head. It is debris within the pore of these pustules. They can develop on the face and the body.
Acne Nodule: An acne nodule is a severe type of acne with large, inflamed and hard pimples deep in the skin. They feel like lumps and are quite painful. A nodule can be filled with pus, but the head is not visible as it occurs under the skin.
Cystic Acne: Cystic Acne is the most severe form of acne with large, inflamed and red bumps with a white head. They are soft, pus-filled lesions deep under the skin’s surface and are very painful. This acne type is formed when skin pores are clogged by a combination of sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells. They damage healthy skin tissue and increase the risk of permanent scars. If cystic acne bursts, it can cause the bacteria to spread.
Acne nodule and Cystic Acne require proper medical attention. Homeopathy medicines are effective in treating these type of acne.
Homeopathic Treatment For Acne
Natural remedies are best for treating skin conditions. Homeopathic medicines, made from natural ingredients, are therefore ideal for acne treatment. It is safe, gentle and free of any side-effects.
Homeopathic medicines are used to treat the root cause of acne as they provide long-term relief. It treats the underlying conditions such as low immunity, PCOS, thyroid, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, stress etc. Moreover, homeopathic medicines stimulate immunity and equip your body to fight acne.
In cases of severe acne, homeopathy helps in reducing the eruptions over a period of time and controls the scarring as much as possible. Individualized homeopathic medicines are effective in improving the quality of the skin.
As per a case report, the classical method of homeopathy, i.e., a single medicine based on the patient's individual characteristics is effective in treating acne. The case report suggested a remission rate of more than 80% using the individualized homeopathic acne treatment. The treatment remained effective long after cessation and did not accompany any significant side-effects. (Source: Karger Journal, internal reference: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29490312/)
Also, homeopathic acne treatment helps in reducing the possibility of recurrence of symptoms. It also helps in improving general well-being by providing healthy skin and renewed self-esteem.
At Dr Batra’s™, UAE a holistic approach is taken to understand the physical as well as the emotional concerns of the individual. Thereafter, personalized acne treatment is provided to the patient. The qualified and experienced dermatologists combine expert skincare with an individualized diet plan provided by nutritionists to treat acne.
Book an appointment online for safe and natural acne treatment.
First, the team of doctors will identify the type of acne based on the visible signs and symptoms.
Secondly, doctors will discuss your medical history with you to determine the cause of acne.
Your condition will then be analyzed and evaluated using advanced technologies such as 3D imaging devices and Dr Batra’s™ M.O.S.T. The response to acne treatment is also measured using this technology.
3D Imaging Device
- Advanced optical technology developed by scientists at The Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
- It allows the skin to be viewed in 2 & 3 dimensions.
- It can show your response to the acne treatment in the lower layers of your skin much before it can be seen by the naked eye.
Dr Batra’s ™ M.O.S.T
- Developed exclusively for Dr Batra’s™ by Austrian scientists after 4 years of research.
- Helps doctors to understand the progress of acne treatment.
- Helps measure acne treatment outcome.