Can Homeopathy treatment cure Diabetes?
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that affects the usage of blood sugar or glucose by your body. Glucose is vital for your health because it is an important source of energy for the cells of the body that make up your muscles and tissues. It is also an important source of fuel for your brain. If you are suffering from diabetes, no matter whatever is the type, it means you have excess sugar in your blood, which can lead to serious health problems.
Types of Diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes happens when your immune system which normally fights harmful bacteria or viruses, damages the beta cells in the pancreas resulting in low insulin levels. Instead of sugar being transported into your cells for its functioning it builds up in your bloodstream. Type 1 Diabetes is thought to be caused by a combination of genetic susceptibility and environmental factors, though many of the factors are not really clear.
- Pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes
Pre-diabetes can lead to type 2 diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, the cells become resistant to the action of insulin and your pancreas is unable to make enough insulin to overcome this resistance. Instead of moving into your cells where it is needed for energy, sugar builds up in your bloodstream.
Why this happens is uncertain, although it is believed that genetic and environmental factors play a role in the development of type 2 diabetes. Being overweight is strongly linked to the development of Type 2 diabetes, but not everyone with type 2 diabetes is overweight.
- Gestational diabetes
During pregnancy, the placenta produces hormones to sustain the pregnancy. These hormones make your cells more resistant to insulin. Normally, your pancreas responds by producing enough extra insulin to overcome this resistance. But sometimes your pancreas cannot meet the requirement. When this happens, too little glucose gets into your cells and too much stays in your blood, resulting in gestational diabetes. Women older than age 25 are at increased risk. Being overweight before pregnancy increases your risk. Untreated gestational diabetes can result in a baby's death either before or shortly after birth.
Once you've had gestational diabetes in one pregnancy, you're more likely to have it again with the next pregnancy. You are also more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes as you get older.
Homeopathy for Diabetes
- Homeopathy is a holistic medicine and treats the patient as well as the pathology.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes strengthens the defense system and improves healing.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes can regulate sugar metabolism while helping to resolve the metabolic disturbances that lead to diabetes.
- Homeopathic medicine helps to enhance the nutrient absorption and assimilation.
- Homeopathy for diabetes helps to stimulate the body’s self-healing powers in order to prevent complications such as open leg sores and other dysfunctions of the blood vessels right up to amputations, loss of vision, kidney failure, hardening of the liver, depression, and others.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes treats not only all physical complaints but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium - thus it treats the patient as a whole.
- Unlike crude medicine which contain high amount of Lead; Arsenic or Mercury which are known to damage the vital organs, Homoeopathy uses natural medicines in potentized form which is extremely effective and absolutely free from any side effects.
- If Homoeopathy is considered as a treatment option in the early stage of the disease, then the overall control of the disease in future is much better.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes is gently and does not damage the vital organs, unlike conventional medicine which is known to damage the liver and kidney.
- Diabetes treatment with homeopathy helps to improve overall quality of life.
- Diabetes is a disease that requires dietary intervention along with medical treatment. Medications are a part of the cure. What is also needed is a healthy lifestyle behaviour that will allow the medication to work more effectively. This comes with a healthy, well-balanced diet as well as a regular exercise routine.