10 things you should know about Eczema
Eczema is a skin condition that causes the skin to become red, itchy and inflamed. Eczema is not contagious. You will not suffer from eczema if you touch a person who suffers from eczema. While the exact cause of eczema is unknown, researchers do know that people who develop eczema do so because of a combination of genes and environmental triggers.
10 symptoms of Eczema
When an irritant or an allergen “switches on” the immune system, skin cells don’t behave as they should be causing an eczema flare-up.
Eczema is usually itchy. For many people, the itch is usually only mild, or moderate. But in some cases it can become much worse and you might develop extremely inflamed skin. Sometimes the itch gets so bad that people scratch it until it bleeds, which can make your eczema worse. This is called the “itch-scratch cycle.”
- Dry, sensitive skin
- Red, inflamed skin
- Very bad itching
- Dark colored patches of skin
- Rough, leathery or scaly patches of skin
- Oozing or crusting
- Areas of swelling
- Insomnia due to bad itch
- Infection due to abrasions caused by scratching the skin
- Social isolation because of unavoidable scratching
You might have all of these symptoms of eczema or only just a few. You might have some flare ups or your symptoms could go away entirely. But the only way to know if you have eczema for sure is to visit your doctor so he or she can look at your skin and ask you about your symptoms.
10 reasons for being treated with Homoeopathy for Eczema
- Conventional modes of treatments are based on immunosuppressant. They may clear the skin in a few days to few weeks but it would recur as soon as the effect of the medicine wears off.
- Topical treatments like creams/ ointments reduce the itching and inflammation temporarily but it would return with more intensity. Homeopathy helps to stimulate body's natural healing capacity and restores the deviated immunity back to normalcy.
- Artificial Ultra-violet light therapies are known to cause burns but Homoeopathy has no such side-effects.
- Homeopathy is non-addictive and can also eliminate the need to consume conventional medicine.
- If Homoeopathy is considered as a treatment option in the early stage of the disease, then the overall control of the disease in future is much better.
- Homeopathic medicine helps to deal with stress more effectively and helps control the intensity of complaints during seasonal variations.
- Homeopathy uses natural medicines in a potentized form which is extremely effective and absolutely free from any side effects.
- In any skin affection there is often an underlying psychosomatic factor. Homeopathy can help treat this factor very effectively without causing dependence or addiction.
- Stress is very effectively treated with homeopathy.
- Homeopathy helps to improve health-related quality of life.