Why regular massages are good for you…
Most of us have good awareness about health related problems and we make an effort to live active and healthy lifestyle as it helps to keep our blood circulation optimum and diseases at bay. Making some time for your body to unwind, relax and rejuvenate is an essential aspect of our life. It helps to heal your body and thus prepares it for the challenges you face in your day to day life. There are many ways of relaxing and rejuvenating like practicing yoga, meditation, quite time alone, pampering yourself with a calming spa or a full body massage. A monthly massage could do you a lot of good.
Benefits of a regular massage
As already mentioned earlier, regular full body massage not only helps in relaxing and rejuvenating but helps in many other ways. Following are a few benefits of regular massages:
- Blood pressure regulation: A regular 10-minute massage therapy can considerably lower levels of blood pressure. This is why it is very interesting to take a regular full body massage as it help in maintenance of blood pressure.
- Improves sleep cycle: As the massage relaxes your body and reduces your stress level, your body usually becomes relaxed enough for you to fall asleep.
- Improves body flexibility: A regular massage can improve your body flexibility which can do wonders to your body. This is very helpful for older people who have slowed down because of progression of various conditions that are often a result of old age. A body massage can help them retain flexibility by working on the muscles and connective tissue. It also works by stimulating the body’s production of natural lubricants in the joints.
- Helps to improve the mood: A regular massage has the ability to reduce the levels of cortisol (a stress hormone). It helps increase the dopamine and serotonin levels, which your body releases when you are happy or relaxed.
- Pre-menstrual syndrome relief in females: A regular massage helps in relieving pre-menstrual syndrome pains in females. This is because massages help to reduce the amount of stress the body goes through during a hormonal change.
Before scheduling a massage take note of these important points…
You need to sure that the therapist who would be doing a massage for you is a trained therapist to prevent any injury. You have to be aware that if this is the first time you are going to do a massage, then you might experience some minor side-effects after the massage is done. These include mild discomfort, minimal bruising and minimal swelling. You need to inform your therapist in case you suffer from allergies to any particular oil to avoid a skin reaction. If you have a tendency to get bruised easily it is good to inform them before hand. A good body massage will not only help in rest and relaxation but will also make you healthier after every session.