Benefits of Using Onion Oil for Hair Growth
Onion Oil For Hair
Twinkle Khanna (Indian author, newspaper columnist, interior designer, film producer and a former film actress) tweets and recommends giving onion oil a try. And for once, @mrsfunnybones (her twitter name) is not being satirical!
According to a research study published in Wiley Online Library, a group who washed their hair with onion juice experienced more hair growth than those who washed it with just water. Men also appeared to experience a great benefit in the form of quick hair growth.
Onion oil for hair is not the onion essential oil or its seed oil. It is a different formulation specially prepared from the onion bulbs for hair growth. Onion juice and oil is a known remedy for healthy hair, specifically for hair loss. It’s been used for decades as a best remedy for hair fall.
Take a Hair Evaluation Test Now!
Are you considering using onion oil for hair growth? Read about this remedy to make sure it will benefit you to have beautiful healthy hair.
Why Use Onion Oil for Hair? What are the benefits of Onion Oil?
Onion oil for hair can be effective for hair loss and in some cases with certain hair diseases, including:
- Inflamed, dry, or itchy scalp
- Hair loss
- Thinning hair
- Dry or brittle hair
- Premature greying of hair
- Scalp infection.
Also read: Symptoms of Alopecia Areata
Also read: Possible Alopecia Areata Triggers That Affect Men & Women
Benefits of Onion Oil
- Onion oil helps in optimizing hair growth cycle due to the presence of plenty of antioxidants. These antioxidants particularly work for boosting the function of certain enzymes that work together in preventing hair fall.
- Onions are high in dietary sulfur, a nutritional element essential for our body. Sulfur is found within amino acids, which are components of protein. Proteins and especially keratin, which is known to be sulfur-rich, are essential for hair growth. Onion oil can provide extra sulfur to support strong and thick hair, thus preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth.
- The sulfur from onions can also help promote collagen production (main structural protein). Collagenin turn helps the production of healthy skin cells for hair growth.
- Apply onion oil on your hair and scalp to increase blood supply to the hair follicles, which in turn improves hair growth.
- Onion oil also prevents breakage, split ends and thinning of hair. Other nutrients present in onion prevent oxidation of hair. It also maintains the regular pH balance of the hair; thus becoming an effective grey hair remedy.
- Onion oil for hair nourishes your scalp and can be used as a conditioner, before shampooing. It acts as a natural conditioner that can prevent dryness and controls frizz.
- Onion oil for hair is also useful if you want to increase the length of your hair, it is a cost-saving solution which will make your hair strong and healthy and will also promote quick hair growth.
- Regular use of onion oil in your crown area can also prevent bacterial infections or dandruff.
Please note that onion oil can help stimulate and increase hair growth, but it’s not known to reverse any hair loss-related condition. That would require a proper hair loss treatment. Additionally, if you have an allergy to onions, you should avoid onion juice on your scalp. Even among those who are not allergic, onions can be quite caustic to the skin. Its side-effects may include redness and itching. Mixing onion juice with an emollient like aloe vera or coconut oil can prevent harmful effects. These are some of the benefits of Onion Oil.
Whether your hair loss is temporary, reversible or permanent there are hair treatment options that can be helpful. If your hair loss seems sudden and excessive, consult your hair doctor to treat other underlying health conditions, including menstrual irregularities, acne, thyroid problems or anemia.
Read about the hair loss treatment at Dr Batra’s™: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-treatment-at-dr-batras
Also Read: Best Hair Growth Products That Make A Difference
Also Read: How to regrow thinning hair naturally?