Vaginal Odor treatment - Is your vaginal odor embarrassing you?
Just like mouth, the skin and the other areas of your body, vagina has its own unique smell. However, vagina should never smell offensive. If you are experiencing an unpleasant smell down there, there could be many different reasons for it and it is recommended that you get it diagnosed and receive vaginal odor treatment.
Know what is normal
Vaginas have natural odors, unique to every woman. Healthy vagina typically scents may best be described as musky or fleshy. Intercourse may change the smell temporarily.
Fluid made by glands inside the vagina and cervix carries away dead cells and bacteria. This keeps vagina clean and helps prevent infection.
Most of the time vaginal discharge is perfectly normal. The amount can vary as can vaginal odor and color. However, if color, smell or consistency seems quite different than usual and is associated with vaginal itching or burning, you may be having an infection or some other medical problem that needs evaluation and best vaginal odor treatment.
Causes of unusual vaginal odor
- Bacterial vaginosis - An overgrowth of normally occurring vaginal bacteria is most common vaginal infection that causes vaginal odor
- Trichomoniasis - It is a sexually transmitted parasitic disease. Both men and women can have it and can suffer from similar symptoms
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) - PID is an infection in your pelvis that happens when a vaginal infection spreads upwards into the reproductive organs like the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
- Yeast infection - Usually presents as white thick and clumpy vaginal discharge caused by candida albicans. It causes itching, burning as well as painful urine.
- Excessive sweating - Women who sweat excessively in the area around their pelvis may experience fishy vaginal odor
- Menstruation - When you are on your period the blood and uterus lining mixes with the microflora in the vaginal walls, which can affect its smell
Few other factors and illnesses that may change the way your vagina smells are:
- Poor hygiene
- Retained or forgotten tampon left
- Birth control pills
- Cervical cancer
Ways to get rid of vaginal odor (vaginal odor treatment.)
- Practice good hygiene
- Clean the outside of your vagina regularly with a washcloth and mild soap. Don’t use perfumed soap and body washes
- Change your underwear regularly—switch to 100% cotton underwear, and cut off tight clothing
- Wash vagina before and after intercourse.
When to see a doctor?
If you are experiencing vaginal odor other than usual, which is not getting better by home remedies and is accompanied by unusual symptoms like itching and pain, then you must see a doctor for right diagnosis and best vaginal odor treatment.
Will homeopathy help me to overcome my vaginal odor?
Yes! Homeopathy will treat your underlying cause of vaginal odor as well as it will prevent its recurrence.
Below are few homoeopathic medicines, which commonly work for vaginal odor and helps in vaginal odor treatment.
This medicine is suggested when your white vaginal discharge worsens after passing urine or you have chronic milky white vaginal discharge associated with itching. It can also be recommended in cases where patients experience passive but stubborn type of swelling.
It is suggested in cases where patients experience vaginal discharge with consistency as thick as cream and desire for cool air.
It is recommended in patients who have offensive vaginal odor with redness, rawness, and irritation of vagina accompanied with leucorrhoea.
Recommended in patients with yellow or green discharge associated with itching and odour with bearing down sensation in pelvis organs
It is suggested where thick egg like discharge is seen with scars on inner thighs.
Also Read: Is the white discharge leaving you pale?
Also Read: What is the reason for vaginal discharge?
Also Read: What causes white discharge in women?