Hyperthyroidism? Homeopathy can help
The malfunction of the thyroid is one of the fastest growing disorders in modern times. Thyroid is a gland in the front of the neck that controls metabolism, or how the body turns food into energy and also affects the heart, muscles, bones and cholesterol. Excessive secretion of thyroid hormones in the body is called hyperthyroidism. In this medical condition, the thyroid gland is overactive.
Causes of hyperthyroidism
Some common causes of hyperthyroidism are:
- Graves’ disease: It is the main cause of hyperthyroidism. It is an autoimmune disorder in which the antibodies are produced by the immune system against its own tissue and attack the thyroid gland, resulting in excessive production of thyroid hormones. This leads to hyperthyroidism.
- Thyroiditis: The inflammation of the thyroid gland leads to increased production of thyroid hormones leading to hyperthyroidism.
- Excessive intake of thyroid hormone supplements: This is a rare cause of hyperthyroidism. If a patient of hypothyroidism who is not under regular follow up and continue to take the same dosage of the supplement might be taking excessive amounts of thyroid hormone than required which causes hyperthyroidism.
- Excessive iodine intake: Although a rare case, ingestion of excessive iodine can lead to excessive production of thyroid hormones leading to hyperthyroidism.
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism
Increased secretion of thyroid hormones can produce uncountable symptoms that vary from person to person and with the age of the patient. The common symptoms of hyperthyroidism include:
- Unexplained changes in weight
- Increased appetite
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Heat intolerance
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased bowel movements
- Irregular periods
- Tremors of hands and fingers
- Excessive perspiration
- Feeling moody
- Feeling agitated
- Excessive sweating
- Decreased concentration
All the symptoms listed above may or may not be present in every person with hyperthyroidism.
The science of homeopathy is based on the idea that disease is a total illness of body and may find its local expression at the level of certain organs. Henceforth homeopathy prescription takes into account along with the physical, emotional and genetic makeup of a person. Homeopathy provides a better chance of cure because the treatment is patient-specific based on the individual’s persona.
Homeopathic remedies for hyperthyroidism are completely safe and effective. The remedies strike at the root cause of hyperthyroidism and thus restore the normal functioning of the body.Homeopathy is highly recommended for hyperthyroidism treatment. Homeopathy helps in alleviating the symptoms of hyperthyroidism.Furthermore, homeopathy works at a deeper level to bring deviations of immunity back to routine and to restore the harmony of the body.
The immune system is under constant attack from toxins within the air, water and food supply. These pollutants, over-stimulate the immune system, create autoimmune reactions and damage thyroid function. Conventional or allopathic treatment for hyperthyroidism involves a lifelong medication or painful process. Even though there are many alternative treatments, hyperthyroidism treatment in homeopathy is a good option as it will have no side effects and it is a painless procedure.
In homeopathy, rather than treating the problem by supplementing the surplus, the treatment process includes the reactivation of efficient thyroid glandular function. It is aimed to improve thyroid function naturally, not synthetically. Homeopathic medicines work by stimulating the body's own healing capacity. They boost the body to reenergize hormone emissions, replace and restore thyroid physiology function while helping to heal the body.
Remember to have regular check-ups and pay attention to your symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Try to include broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach and peaches in your diet as they help to curb thyroid production naturally. Avoid caffeinated drinks and dairy products completely. Last but not least, additional vitamin and mineral combinations which ease hyperthyroidism should only be taken under medical supervision.