Causes of Acne and Tips to get rid of them
Acne is a skin condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. When the hair follicle gets clogged up, the oil and dead skin cells accumulate and give rise to a pimple or acne. Acne most commonly affects the face but it can also erupt on the shoulders, arms, chest, back and neck too. When existing acne comes to the stage of healing, new acne erupts. Hence they are persistent in nature.
Intensity of inflammation and pain varies depending on the. Acne presents as whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, papules, nodules and cyst.
Causes of Acne
Acne is caused due to excess sebum production by the oil glands of the skin. The most common bacteria found in the inflamed area with acne are Propionibacterium acne.
Other causes of acne:
- Stopping or starting birth control pills
- Hormone imbalance
- PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Certain type of medicines like corticosteroids, antidepressants, etc
- Using poor quality cosmetics
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathic treatment for Acne
- Antibiotics type of acne, retinoids, vitamin A supplements and medicated external application are the treatment of choice for acne in conventional medicine. Acne returns as soon as the effect of the conventional medicine reduces.
- Acne scars are treated with dermaroller and laser but there are high chances of burn injuries with lasers.
- Homeopathic treatment for acne focuses on the patient as a person, as well as the underlying pathological condition like pcos in females or stress.
- Homeopathic medicines for acne are selected after detailed medical history of the patient and their physical and mental makeup.
- Scarring of the skin can be avoided with homeopathic medicine making your skin look aesthetically beautiful.
Tips to get rid of acne
- Never squeeze that acne. It may lead to scarring of the skin. Keep your hands off your face.
- Wash face atleast twice a day with a mild anti-acne facewash and with normal water every time you sweat.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking adequate water.
- Use non-comedogenic products; water based sunscreens especially made for acne prone skin.
- Seek professional help if the acne remains unresolved for longer.
- Dandruff falling on the skin leads to formation of acne; so get the dandruff treated at earliest when acne do not resolve.
- Eat good amount of fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C rich fruits will help the acne scars to get lighter.
- De-stress by doing meditation, exercise or yoga.
- Do not scrub your skin while doing a face massage. It will cause more breakouts.