Stages of female patterned hairloss and its treatment
Female patterned baldness is one of the most common forms of hair loss after male patterned baldness. It is also known as AGA (Androgenetic Alopecia). Like males it does not quite progress to a state of complete baldness. However, any which way you look at it, hair loss in women has much impact on a woman’s psyche. It is often distressing and is accompanied by low self-esteem, a forlorn sense of being less attractive along with a lot of anxiety, in social circles.
“Female pattern baldness and hair loss in women can be attributed to a number of factors, including hormones and genetics, or can be associated with various medical conditions. Hair loss can stem from various issues that females are prone to such as anemia, hormone imbalances due to PCOS and hypothyroidism, and it can affect women who have recently given birth. Other causes may include crash dieting, significant emotional illness (such as post-traumatic stress disorder) and general stress. However, stress-related hair loss tends to be temporary, and usually the hair will grow back within six months.”
Women affected by hair loss may show hair thinning on the scalp when hair is parted in the midline. The exposed area resembles a ‘Christmas Tree.’ A small percentage of women with hair loss may also show male patterned baldness. Once the cause of the hair loss is determined, the next step in figuring out the best course of treatment is to evaluate the extent of the hair loss. Several scales measure the extent of female hair loss, but the most common standards is the Ludwig Scale.
In Stage 1, the hair begins to thin but the central partition does not get visibly wider like other stages.
In Stage 2, the thinning at the centre partition of the scalp is now visible. At this point, you probably have lost a good amount of hair. Now is the time to see a doctor, if you haven’t already.
In Stage 3, your scalp gets obviously visible. In this stage you may have lost more than 60% of your hair. It could be with visible hair thinning all over the scalp.
In Stage 4, represents a woman with severe female pattern hair loss, concentrated at the top of the head and crown are.
Homeopathy for Female Patterned Baldness…
- Homeopathic medicines show good long-term response in male and female patterned baldness.
- Homeopathy is free from any side-effects.
- Homeopathy is a holistic medicine and treats the patient as well as the pathology. Hence thyroid, PCOS can be simultaneously treated in Homoeopathy without having 10 different medicines unlike conventional medicines.
- Stress in females which are the major cause hairloss can be very effectively treated with homeopathy.
- Homeopathy treats not only all physical complaints but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium - thus it treats the patient as a whole.
- Hair lotions available in market to control hair loss are very high in chemicals and can cause chemical burns on the scalp skin leading to permanent hairloss and scars in the affected areas. Homeopathy has no such side-effects as the medicines are oral medicines.
Alternative aesthetic treatments for hairloss which can be taken in conjunction with homoeopathy
Homeopathy is always the first choice of female hair loss treatment at Dr. Batra’s since ages. With the advancement in technology we do a few treatments which are FDA approved and also help enhance the results. These treatments are given along with homeopathic treatment. All the treatments are non-invasive / non-surgical and have great results.
Hair Vitalizing Treatment (HVT) at Dr. Batra’s:
Low level laser therapy is being used by many aestheticians. It is a low level laser helmet which is placed on the scalp and given over a period of 20minutes. The benefits are as follows:
- It strengthens the hair follicles
- It helps to revitalize thinning hair and treats hair loss
- It helps to thicken existing hair & stimulates hair growth
- It is safe and effective
- It improves hair strength and elasticity
- It amplifies your hair volume
- It is pocket-friendly and affordable
GroHair treatment at Dr. Batra’s
The solution used in this treatment strengthens the keratin tissue of hair as it can deliver the vitamins and amino-acids essential for hair growth up to the root of hair and takes care of ongoing hair loss as well as the hair loss in the 1st stage by facilitating blood circulation. It keeps the hair healthy as it quickens the growth period of normal hair.
A head full of lustrous locks for a woman exemplifies beauty, feminine grace and poise. If you think that you belong to any of the above mentioned stages of hairloss then visit your nearby Dr. Batra’s clinic and our expert will help you with best-suited treatment option as per your stage of baldness.