Is genetic hair loss really curable?
Hereditary hair loss is the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women. Genetic hair loss is a condition caused due to your genetics, alteration in your hormone levels and the aging process.
When hair loss is caused due to your genetics, it occurs in a predictable pattern often referred to as Male Pattern Baldness (MPB)and Female Pattern Baldness (FPB).In men, male pattern baldness starts as a M-shaped hair recession at the front of your scalp, in your 20s or 30s. According to a research study by The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), about 80 percent of men over the age of 50 experience male pattern baldness. Additionally, approximately 50 percent of women will experince hair thinning and hair lossby the time they’re in their 80s.
Hereditary hair loss, also referred to as androgenetic alopecia, is a part of your genetic blueprint. While there isn't anything you can do to change your genes; there are some hair fall treatments you can follow that may aid in maintaining healthy hairand slow down yourhair loss process.
- Diet for hair fall: Hair is made up of a form of protein (known as keratin); the same keratin found in fingernails and toenails. Everyone, regardless of their age, should eat enough protein to maintain a normal hair growth cycle. A diet rich in protein includes, meat, chicken, fish, eggs, cheese, dried beans, tofu, lentils and nuts.
- Hair growth vitamins: Vitamin A encourages the healthy production of sebum in the scalp. Vitamin E improves blood circulation in the scalp that helps hair follicles to remain productive. Vitamin B helps restore hair to itsnaturalcolour.
- Biotin for hair growth: It is vitamin B7that your body uses to convert food into energy.According to a research study by The National Center for BiotechnologyInformation (NCBI), biotin supplements augmenthair regrowth and the restoration process.
- Folic acid: Itis a type of vitamin B that’s important for new cell generation. In case of hair thinning, folic acid helps the folliclesgenerate new hair on abald scalp.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids: Plant-based oils are primary sources of omega-6, whereas omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish.Omega-3 helps your body fight inflammation (underlying cause of numerous health conditions). Premature hair loss may also be related to inflammation. Omega-6, on the other hand, is important for overall skin health, which also benefits the scalp.
- Hair growth oils: Peppermint oilcontains menthol, which may help to increase blood circulation to your scalp and reduce hair loss.Lavender oil has been successfully used by some patients with pattern baldness.This oil is often combined with other types, such as those made from rosemary and thyme.These essential oils are liquids derived from certain plants; primarily used in aromatherapy and other types of alternative medicines.
- Be gentle with your hair: You shouldavoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, buns or ponytails. You can also avoid twisting, rubbing or pulling your hair.You should avoid harsh chemical basedhair care products and excessive hair styling treatments.
- Quit smoking:Smoking cigarettes reduces the amount of blood that flows to the scalp and this causes reduction in hair growth. As per a research study by The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), toxins in cigarette smoke have been proved to harm hair follicles and accelerate hair loss.
- Scalp massage:Regular scalp massage may increase blood flow to your scalp, resulting in hair regrowth.
- Hair loss due to stress: Hair loss may occur due to stress and depression.Some measures to reduce stress levels include:
- Regular exercise
- Listening to music
- Doing yoga
- Getting enough sleep.
While hair loss can be concerning at first, it’s likely to be treatable. According to The American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD), hair fall treatments can take six to nine months. Make sure you consult a hair specialistfor anynutritional deficiencies, underlying illnesses andhair diseases.
Read about the homeopathy treatment for hair loss:https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-treatment-at-dr-batras
Hair Regrowth Treatment
Dr Batra’s™ combines homeopathy and aestheticsto provide the best treatment for hair fall. The aesthetic treatment helps to enhance the volume and density of your existing hair (results may vary from person to person). If you experience hair thinning or hair loss due to some nutritional deficiency, then aesthetic treatments, such as groHair or STMcell are very helpful. Hair Vitalizing Treatment (HVT) is also recommended as a supplementary treatment to make your hair strong and regain vitality.
We highly recommendthat you take the Dr Batra’s™hair loss evaluation test in order to assess the current state of your hair problems.The homeopathic specialist will customise your hair treatment after considering specific conditions that affecthair growth.Book an appointment with us at Dr Batra’s™https://www.drbatras.ae/book-an-appointmentand let ourexpert winning combination of homeopathy, trichology and technologyprovide the most suitable genetic hair loss treatment for you.