Homeopathy - Scope
Homeopathy is known to treat various types of chronic and acute complaints. People have experienced the benefits over a wide range of illnesses, such as arthritis, autism, allergies like coughs, colds, flu, atopic dermatitis, asthma, backache, bald patches, constipation, cramps, diarrhoea, digestive problems, epilepsy, ear pain, fevers, gastric problems, headaches, hair fall, infections, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal complaints, injuries, jaundice, kidney problems, liver problems, lung complaints, menstrual complaints, nerve problems, paralysis, psychological problems like depression and sadness, rheumatoid arthritis, skin problems, toothaches, all types of chronic and acute pain, burns, and much more.
* There are over 600 published research studies, 180 controlled and 120 randomised trials conducted that demonstrate the effectiveness of homeopathy. Some research studies to support homeopathic efficiency in curing ailments are listed below:
- A pre-clinical study on “Pharmacological evaluation of homeopathic medicines” conducted at Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India suggests that homeopathic medicine Lycopodium 30C has showed its benefits on high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, improving memory, reducing inflammation and providing over 60% protection against alcohol induced gastric ulcer.
- 6% of people treated with Homeopathy experienced good relief from allergic symptoms as compared to 67.3% of people who experienced relief from conventional medicine — Riley D, Fischer M, Singh B, Haidvogl M, Heger M. “Homeopathy and Conventional Medicine: An Outcomes Study Comparing Effectiveness in a Primary Care Setting.” J Altern Complement Med 2001
- A study of 118 eczema patients published in Complementary Therapies in Medicine reported that homeopathy was as effective as conventional treatments in the short-term but more effective in the long run.
- According to Indian Journal of Research in Homoeopathy published by Clinical Research Unit (Homoeopathy) Puducherry, homeopathic remedy Rhustox 200 has been found to provide relief from pain and stiffness in joints due to rheumatoid arthritis.
- Children diagnosed with ADHD were given conventional and individualized homeopathic medicines. An impressive 75% responded to homoeopathy.
- 58% patients suffering from major depression, social phobia or panic disorder responded favourably to individualistically prescribed homeopathic remedies.
- Findings from Swiss government’s report - “Health Technology Assessment” on homeopathic medicine are as below:
- The report cited 29 studies in “Upper Respiratory Tract Infections/Allergic Reactions,” of which 24 studies found a positive result in favour of homeopathy.
- 6 out of 7 controlled studies that compared homeopathic treatment with conventional medical treatment showed that homeopathy to be more effective than conventional medical interventions (the one other trial found homeopathic treatment to be equivalent to conventional medical treatment)
- All of these results from homeopathic treatment came without the side-effects common to conventional drug treatment.
- In evaluating only the randomized placebo controlled trials, 12 out of 16 studies showed a positive result in favour of homeopathy.
- The number of patients that achieved glycaemic control under the combination of a hypoglycaemic drug along with homeopathic treatment was nearly double (97 per cent) than that of patients on the conventional hypoglycaemic drug alone (47 per cent) [Clinical Trial conducted in Athens]
- 63 per cent patients on homeopathy had increased sleep time, reduced interruptions during sleep, and reduced nervousness without any side-effects [Two double-blind studies compared the Action of Quietude, A Homeopathic Preparation popular in France, with Diazepam (Valium) on patients with Sleeplessness]
Homeopathy can be used as supportive treatment along with conventional medicine in serious infections.
Study to support: A group of patients of diabetes mellitus type-2 were treated with Daonil, a conventional medicine, and a placebo (Group-1) and Daonil and homeopathy (Group-2). Group-1 showed 47 per cent improvement; Group-2 showed a hugely impressive 97 per cent improvement.
During your first consultation with our homeopathy experts, an assessment will be done to diagnose what you are suffering from, the stage of your illness and the scope of homeopathy in treating it.
Our homeopaths will give you realistic feedback over the possible benefits you will get from homeopathy and the duration of your treatment. For any chronic complaint that you are suffering from for over a few years, the homeopathic treatment might take some time to provide permanent relief, but symptomatic relief can be experienced as early as four to six weeks.