Hair loss runs in my family. Is there any way I can prevent it?
If your father or grandfather is bald, it’s natural to feel worried that you will have to face similar situation 10 to 15 years down the line. But, is there any way you can prevent it?
Well, you cannot remove the balding gene from your system. However, you can take preventive measures to stop your hair from falling or at least slow down the progression of hair loss.
Below are a few tips that can help you manage your hair and can delay the occurrence of hair loss.
- Protect your hair from sun, wind, and rain. Use an umbrella, a hat or scarf to cover your hair
- Wash your hair at least twice a week to avoid dust and dirt accumulation in your hair that can lead to hair loss
- Avoid combing your hair when wet because it leads to breakage
- Retain natural moisture of hair by oiling before you shower and use a conditioner after shampooing. Avoid applying conditioner directly on your scalp
- Avoid tight hairstyles as they tend to pull your hair which increases friction and lead to hair breakage
- While drying your hair, pat dry. Do not rub
- Include foods rich in iron, proteins, zinc to your diet to keep your hair healthy
- Avoid using too many products on your hair
- Avoid smoking as it reduces the amount of blood that flows to the scalp and this causes a reduction in your hair growth
- De-stress. Studies in the past have found medical evidence to link stress with hair loss. Therefore, de-stress yourself; one of the ways of doing it is by practicing meditation.
If you have started experiencing hair loss and noticed a hairline recession or thinning of hair, it is recommended to start the necessary medication to stop further progress of hair loss. Because once baldness happens it becomes difficult to reverse hair loss and promote new hair growth.
Here are some homeopathic medicines for hair loss that can be considered once the complete history of hair loss is recorded by your homeopath.
- Silicea – treats hair fall associated with skin conditions like eczema and dandruff
- Baryta Carbonica – It’s recommended in the case of premature baldness
- Lycopodium Clavatum – a remedy for excessive hair fallout, premature graying and baldness
- Acid Flour – best homeopathic medicine for baldness in patches (alopecia areata)
- Thuja – best remedy for hair fall with dandruff and also with hereditary hair loss
- Lycopodium – best medicine for hair fall after delivery
- Silicea – best treatment for baldness with constipation
- Phosphorus- best medicine for hair falling out in handfuls
Do not self-medicate. Always consult a homeopathic doctor for an individualized hair loss treatment and get long-lasting results.