Get rid of pimples the natural way…
Acne is a disease that affects the skin’s oil glands. These glands make an oily substance called sebum. The small holes in your skin (pores) connect to oil glands under the skin by a canal called a follicle.
The oil & dead skin cells are carried to the pores on the surface of the skin via the follicle. When the follicle gets clogged up, the oil & dead skin cells accumulate giving rise to a pimple – also known as acne. Besides face, acne can occur on shoulders, arms, chest, back and neck too.
Causes of Acne
Testosterone signals the body to make more sebum, the oil produced in the skin's oil glands. Excess sebum clogs the oil gland and a pimple grows. Bacteria could grow in these clogged follicles which cause pus, the most common bacteria is Propionibacterium acnes.
Other causes of acne could be starting or stopping birth control pills, hormonal changes during pregnancy, PCOS, certain type of medicines, usage of low quality greasy cosmetics and Stress.
Homeopathic treatment for Acne
- Homeopathic treatment for acne patients is much different from conventional methods of treatment.
- Homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as the underlying pathological condition.
- Homeopathic medicines are selected after detailed case-analysis, which include the medical history of the patient, their physical and mental makeup. Homeopathy not only treats the disease but also takes care of other factors for example PCOS which is the most common cause of acne in females.
- There different medicines in homeopathy for acne depending on the individual case and nature of complaints.
- Seeking help from a professional homeopath for treatment of acne always proves beneficial. Scarring of the skin is also prevented with homeopathic medicine making your skin look aesthetically beautiful.
Tips for faster healing of acne
- Do not squeeze that acne ever. It can lead to infection and scarring. Make conscious efforts to keep your hands off your face. Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups.
- Wash face atleast twice a day and every time after sweating. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Drink plenty water and keep your skin well hydrated.
- During summers apply non-comedogenic/ water based sunscreens especially made for acne prone skin.
- Seek professional help if you are suffering of acne because of hormonal imbalance.
- Using non prescription medicated creams, soaps, lotions and gels to treat your acne can cause serious harm
- Use an anti-acne facewash or oil-control facewash in case your skin is very oily.
- If you suffer from dandruff, make sure to get it treated. Dandruff falling on the skin leads to formation of acne
- Shampoo regularly. If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Skip the facials especially the scrubs as scrubbing the skin could cause aggravation of condition.
- Use the fragrance free, mineral based make-up
- Manage stress with meditation, exercises, yoga and morning exposure to adequate sunlight.