What causes Infertility in Men and Women?
The birth of a child is a happy occasion for any family and a new chapter in the life of a couple. However, today, there is an increase in the number of couples who are unable to conceive due to many reasons.
This inability to conceive due to varied reasons is termed as infertility. Infertility is a problem of the reproductive system. It affects the body’s ability to reproduce and can be caused by a problem with the male reproductive system, the female reproductive system, or both.
For women to become pregnant several conditions must be met, including:
- men must make healthy sperm
- women must make healthy eggs
- fallopian tubes must be open to allow sperm to reach the egg
- sperm must be able to fertilize the egg
- fertilized egg must implant in the uterus
- the embryo must be healthy
Infertility issues are equally related to both the sexes. Therefore, in case of any problem, it is important to get the infertility treatment for both the partners.
There are different reasons for infertility in women, including:
- hormonal imbalances resulting in ovulation problems
- anatomical problems preventing the egg from meeting the sperm
- endometriosis disorder causes tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus to grow outside the uterus
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) infection (caused by a type of bacteria such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia) can affect the uterus, fallopian tubes, and the ovaries
- immune system problems may lead to pregnancy loss.
Issues resulting in male infertility are equally as vast:
- low or absence of sperm production can reduce the chance of fertilization
- abnormalities in sperm function may occur resulting in sperm having head or tail defects that prevent it from swimming and penetrating the egg
- varicocele is a condition in which varicose veins develop around the testes, causing low sperm production
- hormone disorders can effect sperm production and fertility
- lifestyle habits such as the use of recreational drugs, heavy alcohol use, smoking, taking certain medicines, or too much heat to the genital area can affect the sperm quality and function.
The good news is that infertility symptoms can be treated, and options are available so that couples can safely and successfully conceive. If you think you are not able to get pregnant, schedule a visit to discuss your concerns with our doctors early. Our doctors will discuss the best infertility treatment with you based on your age, overall health and medical history, tolerance for specific medicines, procedures or therapies, and your opinions and preference.
Homeopathy being a ‘mind-body’ medicine, it is completely safe, natural, and free of side-effects. Homeopathic medicines treat the root cause of the problem and address the problem in its entirety. Besides giving you medical assistance for infertility treatment, our doctors will also guide you for making certain lifestyle changes to enjoy a happy and healthy sex life. If you’re physically active and do some sort of exercise daily, your chances of recovery are better. Those couples who have the habit of smoking or drinking should quit these habits. Eating a natural and balanced diet also helps in maintaining good sexual health.