Unable to get pregnant? Homeopathy can help
Over 60-80 million couples across the world may have infertility problems. In India, a whopping 27.5 million couples who want to conceive suffer from infertility, out of which one-third of the infertility cases are attributed to women.
What is infertility?
Infertility is defined as trying to conceive for at least one year without success or for 6 months for women 35 and older. However, getting pregnant isn’t always as easy as ‘trying’. There are several roadblocks and complications that a woman might face, some of which she might have not even considered before deciding to become a mother.
So, what is it that causes female infertility? Though there are many reasons why you are unable to conceive, some of the common ones are:
- Age: Woman’s fertility starts to decline markedly between 35 and 39.
- Being overweight: Being overweight can reduce your chances of getting pregnant. 12% of all infertility cases are rooted in weight issues.
- Hormonal imbalance: Certain hormonal conditions can hamper your attempts to conceive, such as insulin resistance and PCOS. Around 30-40% of all cases of infertility in women are related to PCOS.
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes: Damaged fallopian tubes keep sperm from getting to the egg or block the passage of the fertilized egg into the uterus.
- Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders are one of the common causes of infertility in women. This is when you ovulate infrequently or not at all. It is a cause of infertility in about 1 in 4 infertile couples.
- Other factors: Some other factors that may put you at higher risk of infertility are:
- Sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia & gonorrhea that can damage the fallopian tubes
- Over consumption of alcohol.
Well, the most common solution conventionally suggested to the couples is IVF. However, did you know that at least 7 per cent of all IVFs done are needless?
Many a time, some manageable cases are referred for IVF when simple counseling and motivation along with homeopathy would be a better option.
There was this one case of infertility that was treated at Dr Batra’sTM Homeopathic Clinic. Having failed to conceive despite trying for around one and a half year, Gayatri decided to take homeopathy treatment to experience motherhood. At Dr Batra’sTM she was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). On basis of the symptoms presented, she was prescribed homeopathic Thuja 200. After seven months, not only Gayatri’s cycles became regular but soon she came with a positive pregnancy test report!
Homeopathy can be extremely effective in treating infertility in women. It takes the holistic, multi-factorial approach to find out the root cause of infertility and treat it. A clinical study conducted in India and reported on clinmedjournals.org has concluded that homeopathy effectively manages female infertility and can help couples with infertility problems conceive naturally.
Self- help for better fertility chances
- Maintain a normal weight: Being overweight can reduce your chances of getting pregnant. Lose weight if you are overweight
- Quit smoking. Tobacco has multiple negative effects on fertility. So, quit smoking if you are looking at getting pregnant.
- Avoid alcohol. Heavy alcohol consumption may lead to decreased fertility. Also, alcohol can affect the health of a developing fetus. If you're planning to become pregnant, avoid alcohol, and don't drink alcohol while you're pregnant.
- Reduce stress. Some studies have shown that couples experiencing psychological stress had poor results with infertility treatment. If you can, find a way to reduce stress before trying to become pregnant.
- Live healthy lifestyle: Exercise, meditation, good sleep & eating healthy are mandatory requirements to help one get pregnant. Follow a healthy lifestyle to increase your chances of pregnancy.