Tonsillitis treatment with Homeopathic medicine
Tonsillitis as the name suggests is a condition in which there is swelling and inflammation of the tonsils. Tonsils are the protective glands of our respiratory system. They are the first point of defense system of the body. Any infection entering the body would have to pass through the tonsils. When our immune system is weak, the tonsils fall get infected and then swollen.
Tonsillitis is of 3 types:
- Acute Tonsillitis: In acute tonsillitis the infection in the tonsils is of a recent origin and would last for around 4 to 10 days.
- Sub-acute Tonsillitis: In sub-acute tonsillitis the infection lasts for 2 weeks or more and is caused by a bacterium called Actinomyces.
- Chronic Tonsillitis: In chronic tonsillitis there are repeated episodes of tonsillitis at smaller intervals.
Causes of Tonsillitis
- Tonsillitis can never be caused by a fungus or parasite. It is generally caused by a bacteria or a virus.
- Tonsillitis can also be triggered due to changes in the environment like changes in the weather like extreme cold climate or damp weather. Exposure to pollutants can also trigger an episode of tonsillitis.
- Allergens like artificial colours, flavours and preservatives used in packaged foods, peanuts, cold foods and drinks or sour food are known to trigger an episode of tonsillitis.
Symptoms of tonsillitis:
Whenever there is infection caused in the tonsil, it starts with pain in the throat and inflammation or redness of the tonsil. When the tonsils are infected by a bacteria or virus then on examination the tonsils would appear enlarged with yellow pus pockets on them. There is difficulty in swallowing solids and in worse cases liquids also become difficult to swallow. Tonsillitis could also cause fever, headache, hoarseness of voice, and referred pain to the ear in some cases.
Tonsillitis Treatment with Homoeopathic medicine
- The 1st line of treatment in conventional medicine is prescribing antibiotics for tonsillitis. This is to prevent bacterial infection of the tonsils.
- Surgical removal of the tonsils is the next most used procedures for recurrent tonsillitis or chronic tonsillitis. After a series of fatal outcomes and hemorrhage caused to children in Austria in 2006, the standards and indications for tonsillectomy are slowly changing.
- Homeopathy is definitely the best for tonsillitis treatment and can also prevent tonsillectomy (surgical removal) in most cases.
- Homoeopathic medicine is safe and has no side-effects like hemorrhage. Homeopathy treats tonsillitis from the root and is the best option than cutting a tonsil as every organ in the body is designed with specific function to maintain harmony in the body.
- Homoeopathic medicine helps to increase the body’s immunity and restore its defense system to prevent recurrent attacks of tonsillitis.