Living with Scalp psoriasis and ensuring it doesn't rule your life
It has been very tough to experience a flaky scalp for all 12 months of the year. It seemed as if I was a snowcapped mountain. I tried all home remedies thinking that it was dandruff until I visited my homeopathic doctor. I was shocked to know that it was not a simple dandruff but I was suffering from Scalp psoriasis. I wasted a year thinking it was dandruff but netter late than never I started my homeopathic treatment. Slowly and steadily the flakes disappeared and my scalp looked normal and happy once again.
Psoriasis is a skin disease which appears as raised scaly patches, itching and redness of the skin. They look like white silvery fish scales. When it affects the scalp it is called as Scalp Psoriasis. This is not a communicable disease as this is caused due to a defect in the immune system of the body.
Scalp psoriasis could become worse in cold dry climate, strep-throat infections, injuries caused to scalp due to fine toothed combs, emotional stress, anxiety, depression or use of certain medicines like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Scalp psoriasis treatment in Homeopathy
- Scalp psoriasis treatment in homeopathy aims at reducing the intensity of the disease, preventing the recurrence of the problem and increasing the disease free period.
- Homeopathy is better than taking immunosuppressant’s which are used in conventional medicine as the disease recurs often when the dose of the medicine wears off.
- Scalp psoriasis treatment in homeopathy helps to stimulate the body’s healing capacity and helps to restore the deranged immunity.
- Homeopathic medicine has no side-effects and does not cause damage of any vital organs. Scalp psoriasis intensity reduces and increases with change of season; homeopathy takes care of the same and reduces the intensity of the disease even if there is change of season.
- If homeopathy is considered as treatment option in early stages of scalp psoriasis the overall management of the disease becomes easy.
- Emotional stress is known to cause scalp psoriasis to become worse. Homoeopathic medicine helps to deal with stress more effectively and helps to deal with the emotions without the need of using conventional medicine for depression or anxiety.
- Artificial Ultra-violet light therapies are known to cause burns but Homoeopathy has no such side-effects.
Home care for Scalp Psoriasis
- Oiling the scalp is very essential for scalp psoriasis. Skin affected with psoriasis is excessively dry; oiling the skin helps to keep the skin moisturized so that flaking is less and reduces itching of the scalp.
- Use a mild herbal anti-dandruff shampoo and not the strong medicated ones. A strong medicated shampoo causes excessive dryness of the scalp which causes increased flaking of the skin.
- Keep your hair short so that it is easy to keep the flaking under control.
- Never use fine toothed combs to remove the flakes as they may injure the scalp skin causing new patches to appear and increase flaking.
- Do not eat red meat or sea foods as they increase inflammation and the flaking gets worse.
- Use some de-activation techniques like yoga or meditation which help reduce stress and also help the skin to heal faster.