Heal your Lichen Planus symptoms with Homeopathy
Lichen planus is a skin condition which is triggered by the weak immune system. People suffering from lichen planus present with purple coloured lesions with flat tops on the skin. The main sites are hands, legs, ankles, and face. When the inner lining of mouth is involved it is termed Oral Lichen Planus. There is voluptuous itching at the site of lesions. Percentage of men and women suffering of Lichen Planus are equal. It is most common in middle aged people. Only a person trained in skin condition will be able to diagnose the skin condition and advise the treatment.
Lichen Planus Causes
The exact cause of lichen planus is not known but factors such as viral infections, allergens, stress and genetics are said to trigger this skin condition.
Homeopathic treatment for Lichen Planus
- As this disorder is caused due to defect in the immune system, homeopathy helps treating it by correcting the deviated immune system and restoring it back to normalcy.
- In any skin affection there is often an underlying psychosomatic factor. Homoeopathy can help treat this factor very effectively without causing dependence or addiction.
- Stress which is the commonest triggering factor of Lichen Planus is very effectively treated with homeopathy.
- Homeopathic medicine help to increase a disease free period
- Homeopathy helps to improve health related quality of life.
Self Care Tips
- Don’t scratch the affected areas instead apply ice over the area which will reduce itching instantly
- Maintain good oral hygiene in case you have lichen planus of mouth.
- Drink water adequately.
- Use mild soaps or shower gels.
- Don’t scrub your skin with luffa/ bath scrubbers as they aggravate the condition
- Moisturize your skin with an appropriate moisturizer
- Stop smoking if you smoke. Limit the alcohol consumption
- De-stress yourself and keep a positive attitude
- Manage stress with meditation, exercises, yoga and morning exposure to adequate sunlight
Recommended Diet for patients suffering from Lichen Planus
- Wheat germ, flax seeds or linseed, black currants, sesame seeds contain omega 3 fatty- acids that may help
- A tablespoon of ground flax seeds (Alsi) and pumpkin seeds should be consumed daily. This can be incorporated in chapattis or juices or sprinkle over salads
- Consume a calcium rich diet that includes skim milk, curds, paneer, baked beans, rajgira, sesame seeds, leafy vegetables, ragi
- Consume green leafy vegetables like spinach, Methi, lettuce, and chawli as salads, soups, and regular sabzi daily.
- Consume foods like carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, apricots, papaya, mangoes, pumpkins and green leafy vegetables at least once a day so that you get your daily quota of Vitamin A
- Consume a handful of nuts rich in Vitamin E like groundnuts, almonds, walnuts, seafood etc should be consumed in abundance unless you are allergic to nuts.
- Consume a diet rich in Vitamin C, which includes sweet limes, oranges, lemons, drumsticks, capsicum, sprouts, and amlas as it increases absorption of iron.
- Restrict intake of tea and coffee as it hinders iron absorption.
- Do not consume fried snacks.