6 Reasons your child is not growing
Dr. Batra’s™ July 7, 2020
Are you worried that your child is not gaining weight despite of feeding your child well? There are various factors which determine your child’s ideal weight.
What is normal baby weight?
Your child’s ideal weight is determined on the gender, age and height.
6 Reasons for your child not gaining weight
The most essential reasons for your child not gaining weight or slow weight gain are mostly medical, social, economic, etc.
- Breast Feeding Problem: The most common reason for your baby not gaining weight could be problem in breast feeding. The problems in breast feeding could be the mother who is unable to produce enough milk. The other reason could be that the baby is tongue-tied. Consulting the doctor would help to know the reason and appropriate measures could be suggested to resolve this problem.
- Malabsorption: Malabsorption is the second reason to be ruled out for your child not gaining weight. You need to consult your pediatrician to rule out this cause. Malabsorption could happen because of damage to the intestine from infection, inflammation, trauma, and surgery or lactose intolerance. Persistent abdominal pain, vomiting, loose foul – smelling stools, increased susceptibility to infections, loss of body fat and muscle and slowing of growth and weight gain are the common symptoms your child would present with.
- Your child does not eat too well: Your child may have trouble eating food because of being premature or development delay or may be autistic in which they do not like the texture or taste of certain food.
- Parents are not offering their child enough food: Parents could also be a cause for their child not gaining weight. They could be parents who are constantly worries about their child gaining weight or becoming obese and this could make them strict with their child’s diet. Sometimes it could be that the parents have no time to look into their child’s hunger demand or are not monetarily adequate to afford food for their child.
- Your child could be having digestive system disorder: Gastroesophageal reflux (GER), chronic diarrhoea or a liver problem. In GER when the child eats food it regurgitates back into the mouth as the oesophagus may be irritated. Chronic diarrhoea makes it difficult for the body to hold on to the nutrients and calories coming from foods. Celiac disease is a condition caused due to allergen gluten (a protein found in wheat and other grains). Consult your doctor and take adequate treatment for the same.
- Your child may be already suffering from an on-going illness: Children suffering from heart, lungs or endocrine system disorders require more amounts of calories in the daily diet which can make it hard for the child to eat enough to be at par with the requirements. Children suffering from tuberculosis or sexually transmitted diseases also could have a very difficult time in gaining weight.
Healing with Homeopathy
- Homeopathy is a natural medicine at treats holistically.
- Homeopathy strengthens the defense system and improves healing.
- Homeopathy helps to reduce the severity, duration and frequency of complaints.
- Homeopathy reduces the tendency to infections.
- Homeopathy also reduces the intake of conventional medicines which have known side-effects. Homeopathic medicine helps to increase disease free period.
- Homeopathic medicine helps to enhance the nutrient absorption and assimilation.
- It improves general health.
- Use of homeopathic medicine reduces absenteeism in school. It helps to improve the concentration levels in children.
- Homeopathic medicine helps to improve the academic performance and overall improve the quality of life.
- Being sweet pills homeopathic medicine is loved by all children.