What Are the Best Treatments for Female Hair Thinning?
Hair thinning may be caused by lifestyle habits, genetics or both. Certain medical conditions may also lead to hair thinning. Persistent hair thinning can cause minor to severe hair loss.
Unlike widespread hair loss, hair thinning doesn’t necessarily cause baldness. It does, however, give the appearance of scanty hair on your head. Hair thinning can be hereditary in both men and women. Certain underlying medical conditions can also lead to hair thinning in women. You might experience hair thinning if you:
- Recently had a baby
- Are going through hormonal changes
- Have lost more than 20 pounds in a short period of time
- Have any underlying autoimmune diseases
- Have immune system deficiencies
- Have certain skin infections.
Also read: https://www.drbatras.ae/how-to-prevent-thinning-hair
Hair thinning happens gradually, which means you have the time to pinpoint the causes and figure out the best hair treatment. Consider the following thinning hair treatments and consult your hair specialist before taking any hair growth supplements:
- Scalp massage: When you wash your hair, gently apply pressure with your fingertips around your scalp to encourage blood flow. You can also try a handheld scalp massager to remove dead skin cells.
- Essential hair growth oils: These are liquids derived from certain plants, and they’re primarily used in aromatherapy and other types of alternative medicine. According to a research study by The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), lavender oil has been successfully used by some patients with pattern baldness. The oil can be combined with other types, such as those made from rosemary and thyme.
- Best shampoo for thinning hair: Shampoos for thinning hair or hair loss contain vitamins and amino acids that provide a healthy scalp to generate more hair, over a period of time.
- Vitamins for thinning hair: Hair growth is dependent on your overall good health. In cases of malnourishment, or with certain eating disorders, new hair may fail to generate from follicles. Healthy hair needs iron, folic acid and zinc to keep growing thick and strong.
- Folic acid: It is a type of vitamin B that is important for new cell generation. In cases of hair thinning, folic acid helps follicles generate new hair in bald areas.
- Biotin for hair loss: Biotin, or vitamin B-7, is a water-soluble nutrient that’s naturally found in food such as nuts and lentils. While biotin helps break down enzymes in your body, there’s some evidence that it can also prevent hair thinning.
- Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids: Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are called essential fatty acids. This is because they can’t be made by the human body. Omega-3 helps your body fight inflammation which is an underlying cause of numerous health conditions, including premature hair loss. Omega-6, on the other hand, is important for your overall skin health and willbenefit the scalp. Plant-based oils are primary sources of omega-6, while omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish.
- Minoxidil: It is a hair loss treatment approved by The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that’s available over the counter. When applied directly on the scalp, you may gradually notice thick hair in bald spots.
Read about the hair thinning treatment at Dr Batra’s™: https://www.drbatras.ae/hair-treatment-at-dr-batras
https://www.drbatras.ae/the-benefits-of-using-homeopathic-treatment-for-hair-loss - Also Read
https://www.drbatras.ae/what-are-the-other-treatments-along-with-homeopathy-to-increase-hair-growth - Also Read
If you continue to experience hair thinning or hair loss, you should consult your hair doctor. According to The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), it’s normal to lose around 50 to 100 strands of hair per day. Any more hair loss than this means you could be shedding more than you should. Your hair specialist can help you detect any underlying medical conditions and provide related hair treatments.
Thinning Hair Treatment
The hair growth treatment can yield best results if started when you notice the early signs of hair thinning. The best hair thinning treatment can prevent hair fall and provide thick hair. A hair specialist will diagnose female pattern hair loss by taking your medical history and examining the scalp. Trichologists will observe the female pattern hair loss and its chronology, check for signs of inflammation and blood tests to investigate other possible causes of hair loss (hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism or iron deficiency). A hair doctor may also conduct further evaluation, during excess androgen activity, such as menstrual irregularities, acne and unwanted hair growth on the body.
Dr Batra’s™ combines homeopathy and aesthetics to provide the best treatment for hair thinning. The aesthetic treatment helps to enhance the volume and density of your existing hair (results may vary from person to person). If you experience hair thinning because of iron-deficiency (anemia) or due to some nutritional deficiency, then aesthetic treatments, such as groHair or STMcell are very helpful.
The homeopathic specialist will customise your hair treatment after considering specific conditions that affect hair regrowth. Book an appointment with us at Dr Batra’s™ https://www.drbatras.ae/book-an-appointment and let our expert winning combination of homeopathy, trichology and technology provide the most suitable hair thinning treatment for you.