Homeopathy gets to the root to control Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that affects the usage of blood sugar or glucose by your body. Glucose is vital for your health because it is an important source of energy for the cells of the body that make up your muscles and tissues. It is also an important source of fuel for your brain. If you are suffering from diabetes mellitus, no matter whatever is the type, it means you have excess sugar in your blood, which can lead to serious health problems.
Types of Diabetes Mellitus include:
- Pre-Diabetes (When the blood sugar levels are higher than normal but not very high to be classified as Diabetes).
- Type 1 Diabetes or Juvenile-Onset Diabetes or Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin. In this diabetes, the body’s immune system damages the beta cells in the pancreas resulting in low insulin levels. If it is left untreated, it may cause diabetic coma and death.
- Type 2 Diabetes or Adult-Onset Diabetes or Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM) is a condition in which there is sufficient insulin in the blood but Diabetes occurs because the cells become desensitized due to the down-regulation of insulin receptors.
- Gestational Diabetes which occurs during pregnancy but may resolve after the baby is delivered.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Increased thirst and frequent urination: When the sugar levels are elevated in the blood it pulls fluid from the tissues which increase your thirst. When you drink excessive water it leads to frequent urination. This is seen in both types of diabetes.
- Increased hunger: Without enough insulin to move sugar into your cells, your muscles and organs become depleted of energy. This triggers intense hunger. This is seen in both types of Diabetes.
- Unexplained Weight loss: Despite Without the ability to metabolize glucose, the body uses reserved alternative fuels stored in muscle and fat. Calories are lost as excess glucose is released in the urine. Hence this leads to weight loss. This is seen in both types of Diabetes.
- Excessive Fatigue: Glucose is the main source of energy for your cell functioning. If your cells are deprived of sugar, you may become easily tired and irritable. This is seen in both types of Diabetes.
- Blurred vision: If your blood sugar is too high, fluid may be pulled from the lenses of your eyes. This may affect your ability to focus and cause a blurred vision. This is seen in both types of Diabetes.
- Delayed Wound Healing: Type 2 diabetes affects your ability to heal wounds and resist infections. Women in particular suffer from recurrent vaginal yeast infections (candidiasis) and fungal infections in the groin area and under the breasts. A wound which takes more time than usual to heal a wound should raise an alarm for raised blood sugar.
- Acanthosis Nigricans: Some people suffering from Type 2 Diabetes may have patches of dark, velvety skin in the folds and creases of their bodies, usually in the armpits and neck. This condition is called as Acanthosis Nigricans. It is a skin condition caused due to insulin resistance. No cosmetic treatment can help this condition except correcting the insulin resistance.
Homeopathic treatment for Diabetes
- Homeopathy is a holistic medicine and treats the patient as well as the pathology.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes strengthens the defense system and improves healing.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes can regulate sugar metabolism while helping to resolve the metabolic disturbances that lead to diabetes.
- Homeopathic medicine helps to enhance the nutrient absorption and assimilation.
- Homeopathy for diabetes helps to stimulate the body’s self-healing powers in order to prevent complications such as open leg sores and other dysfunctions of the blood vessels right up to amputations, loss of vision, kidney failure, hardening of the liver, depression, and others.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes treats not only all physical complaints but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium - thus it treats the patient as a whole.
- Unlike crude medicine which contains high amount of Lead; Arsenic or Mercury which are known to damage the vital organs, Homoeopathy uses natural medicines in a potentised form which is extremely effective and absolutely free from any side effects.
- If Homeopathy is considered as a treatment option in the early stage of the disease, then the overall control of the disease in future is much better.
- Homeopathic treatment for diabetes is gently and does not damage the vital organs unlike conventional medicine which is known to damage the liver and kidney.
- Diabetes mellitus treatment with homeopathy helps to improve overall quality of life.
Diabetes mellitus is a disease that requires dietary intervention along with medical treatment. Medications are a part of the cure. What is also needed is a healthy lifestyle behaviour that will allow the medication to work more effectively. This comes with a healthy, well balanced diet as well as a regular exercise routine