Dr Batra’s™ July 7, 2020
Cervical Spondylitis is a disorder in which there is an abnormal wear and tear of the cartilage and bones of the neck or cervical vertebrae.
How and Why?
- The major cause is aging. Other causes that can make a person more likely to develop spondylitis are past history of neck injury or spine injury or severe arthritis.
- Long standing degeneration of the vertebrae and the intervertebral discs may be caused by repeated strain, poor posture, certain occupations, hereditary and smoking.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Neck pain and stiffness are one of the earliest presentations of cervical spondylitis. The pain may radiate from the neck to shoulders, arms, forearms, hands, the lower part of the head and upper back. Along with pain, there may be abnormal sensations like tingling; numbness, loss of sensation or weakness in any of the above areas.
- Non-specific headaches in the lower part of the back of head and a feeling of loss of balance are other symptoms. Some individuals may experience swelling with pain in the lower areas on the back of the head.
- There may also be loss of reflexes in certain areas. This may be a result of compression of the spinal nerves. Other symptoms include numbness in the arms and shoulders.
A history of your complaints and examination findings provide most of the details necessary to diagnose cervical spondylitis.
Sometimes, certain tests may be required to confirm diagnosis as well as to assess the extent of damage that has already occurred which include X-ray of the cervical spine, CT scan, MRI, electromyogram (EMG) and contrast CT scan which is done after a dye is injected into the spinal column.
Healing with Homoeopathy
- Homoeopathy provides the best possible long-term solution for cervical spondylitis.
- No two individuals with cervical spondylitis display the same peculiarities, sensitivities or temperament. Homoeopathy elicits and treats such special characteristics, looking at the possible cause causes and triggers.
- Homoeopathy helps to eliminate the need for conventional medicine.
- Homoeopathic medicines are free from side-effects.
- Homoeopathy gradually reduces the intensity, frequency and duration of the complaint and also could help to achieve a disease free period.
- Homoeopathic medicines help to reduce stress if any and rebuild self-confidence because it deals with the patient as a person and not only the disease.