5 SMALL tips to lose BIG numbers on the weighing scale
We have all been there. A pair of your favorite jeans suddenly feels tight and doesn’t fit you anymore. Climbing a staircase feels like doing mountain climbing..it hurts your knees, hips, and back, and you feel tired with just little bit of physical activity.
What does this indicate? These are the signs that your weight is creeping up and you need to take charge of your weight count! Is there any easy way to lose weight? Stop eating!
Does that even sound like a weight loss solution? No, right! Because there is no shortcut for weight loss. In fact, weight loss solutions like fasting or dieting can cause health troubles like dizziness, headaches, low blood sugar, muscle aches, or fatigue.
To lose weight, create goals that will lead you to a healthier lifestyle in small, manageable steps. Following tips can help you do that:
- Set realistic goals for yourself: Write down the details of exactly what you would like to accomplish. Set weekly and monthly goals for yourself. Consider your expectations and personal situation. It’s great to aim high, but don’t pressurize yourself too much. For example, if you’re a working mom, you may find it difficult to take out separate time for workouts. However, small step like playing with your kid can help you meet your daily ‘workout’ goal and lose weight in the long run.
- Keep a track of what, when, & how much you eat: Keeping track of calories you intake through foods you eat will help you understand what and how much to cut down. For example, one plate of Poha you eat for the breakfast provides about 9 percent of the daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2000 calorie. If you have a sweet tooth, avoid eating sweets post 7PM. Enjoy your favorite fruits of the season. Prepare healthy recipes in an enjoyable way, example, you like eggs but don’t like broccoli or spinach, egg bhurji made up with broccoli/ spinach/ beetroot will do wonders for your taste buds as well as weight loss goals.
- Be consistent with your ‘workout’ schedule: Start slow and increase the length and intensity of your workouts as you can. Aim for 15-20 minutes of exercise daily. Take the staircase wherever possible. Do ‘walk the talk’. Go out for a short walk after dinner with your family or just ‘dance’ on the weekends at home on your favorite number!
- Get a good night’s sleep every day: Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important. Surprising, isn’t it? Good sleep not only enhances your beauty, but also helps you lose weight in the long run. When you take adequate sleep of 6-8 hours in a day, you are more productive, active, and energetic and chances are high that you’ll be loyal to your fitness regime too.
- ‘Keep smiling’ to gain control over your appetite: ‘Don’t Worry Be Happy….’ Have you heard of this song by Bob Marley? Oh yes, it says be happy no matter what comes to you. It is equally important for your weight count; stress can add numbers to your waist. Chronic stress can lead to increased appetite and weight gain. Therefore, take out time for yourself on every day basis and engage yourself in activities you enjoy doing; be it listening to your favorite music, doodling, writing diary, talking with your bestie, or spending time in nature.