Homeopathic Remedies for Psoriasis
My sister and I suffer from psoriasis on our scalps which as many of you will know is highly embarrassing as quite large flakes of dandruff are produced and very difficult to get rid of. Initially, we thought that it was our shampoos and conditioners that were potentially making our scalps more irritated because of all the ingredients and chemicals used in them. Hence, we changed not less than ten brands of shampoos in order to find out the suitable one for us.
Past six months, we realized that the flakes are just not going. We have to find out a permanent solution for this irritating and itchy scalp problem. Based on the searches on the internet, we decided to visit a dermatologist and get a scalp test. The condition was then diagnosed as psoriasis scalp.
What is Psoriasis Scalp?
Psoriasis is a condition where skin cells grow at a faster rate than they can be shed, causing excess skin to build up and form scaly patches on the body and due to excessive dryness, the skin gets itchy. It could appear as red patches on the back of head covered with thick silvery white scales, severe itching and hair loss in severe cases.
The word ‘Psoriasis Scalp’ specifies its location i.e. the scalp or head. White flakes on your clothes are one of the indicators and don’t think that it is just simple dandruff. There could be hair loss in severe cases.
Probable triggering factors of psoriasis scalp are cold dry weather, stress, depression, anxiety, some conventional medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, drugs related to anxiety disorders and anti-hypertensive. To confirm the diagnosis, a skin biopsy could be done.
Once, the condition is diagnosed, psoriasis scalp treatment is necessary, otherwise, it can lead to low self-confidence, anxiety, depression and even thoughts of suicide in an individual.
Advantages of taking Homeopathic Remedies for Psoriasis
- The conventional modes of psoriasis scalp treatment are based on immunosuppressant. They may clear the skin in a few days to few weeks but it would recur as soon as the effect of the medicine wears off.
- Topical treatments like creams/ointments reduce the itching and inflammation temporarily but it would return with more intensity. Psoriasis scalp treatment in homeopathy helps to stimulate body's natural healing capacity and restores the deviated immunity back to normalcy.
- Artificial ultra-violet light therapies are known to cause burns but homeopathic remedies for psoriasis has no such side-effects.
- Steroids may be prescribed in some cases to decrease itching and inflammation but they slow down the immune system and the frequency of their consumption keeps increasing. Homeopathy is non-addictive. Homeopathic remedies for psoriasis treat the disorder gently without damaging the vital organs, unlike conventional medicine which is known to damage the liver.
- If homeopathy is considered as psoriasis scalp treatment option in the early stage of the disease, then the overall control of the disease in future is much better.
- Homeopathic remedies for psoriasis help to deal with stress more effectively and helps control the intensity of complaints during seasonal variations.