HOMEOPATHY AND ASTHMA
Asthma is characterised by an extended expiratory [exhalation] and reduced inspiratory [inhalation] breathing phase. This is due to bronchial spasm a condition caused by a combination of factors. The causes include allergy to a certain substance [allergen] like, perhaps, certain foods, such as eggs, prawns and shell fish; pollutants, physical exertion, viral infection, cold air, tobacco smoke, animal feathers and dander, and even certain conventional medicines such as aspirin. Other factors include chemicals and toxins as well as temperature changes and humidity.
The disorder could also be activated by irritation or infection of the respiratory tract or a gastrointestinal upset which is typically a result of late or irregular meals, hyperacidity, faulty eating habits, dietetic indiscretion or junk food.
Certain emotional factors such as anxiety and emotional worries may trigger sudden bouts of asthma. Clinicians suggest that a constitutional predisposition could also trigger the disorder this is supposedly related to desperate feelings of dependence. A childs asthmatic attacks, for example, could be a call for help, or a subconscious appeal to his/her mother for attention.
Research confirms the occurrence of wheezing in certain individuals following a short period of exercise. It is also obvious that respiratory viruses can provoke bronchospasm [airway obstruction] in asthmatics. Age, likewise, is a significant influencing aspect the first asthma attack reportedly develops before age 20.
Some medical researchers also aver that asthma is not entirely hereditary or familial, it is primarily swayed by weather and locational changes.
ASTHMA: HIT & MYTH
- Myth 1. Food allergy causes asthma
- Fact. Although 25 per cent of people think theyre allergic to certain foods, studies show that only 6 per cent of children and 2 per cent of adults have a food allergy. Far more people simply have food intolerance, which presents with unpleasant symptoms triggered by food, but does not involve the immune system
- Myth 2. Strawberries and tomatoes cause asthma
- Fact. Although people can be allergic to any kind of food, most food allergies are caused by peanuts, cows milk, eggs, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish
- Myth 3. Sugar allergy causes asthma
- Fact. A condition is called a food allergy when the immune system thinks a certain protein in a food is a foreign agent and fights against it. This does not happen with sugars and/or fats.
SOME TIPS FOR ASTHMA MANAGEMENT
- Reduce dust and pollen in your household
- During the pollen season, keep the windows closed; use an air-conditioner
- Minimise dust by replacing carpets with tile or wooden floors. choose washable curtains and blinds
- Vacuum clean upholstered furniture and mattresses regularly as well as your pets bedding
- Wear a scarf over your nose and mouth during dusting or go outdoors. exercise or practice yoga in the open air
- Treat cold and flu at the drop of a sneeze.
HEALING WITH HOMEOPATHY
Homeopathy does not treat asthma, it treats the patient of asthma according to the specifics of his/her condition. This is because no two asthmatic individuals present with the same symptoms.
Homeopathy uses safe natural substances based on medicinal information derived from clinical studies and experiential information of their remedial effects.
Homeopathy also treats asthma on the presentation of symptoms peculiar to the individual plus what improves or aggravates the condition in relation to time, posture, movement and rest. Some homeopathic remedies in relation to time and posture are discussed below.
Time Homeopathic remedy
Worse, 12.00 pm Lobelia Inflata
Worse, 10.00 am-11.00 am Ferrum Met
Worse, 10.00 pm Mephites
Worse, 11.00 pm-2.00 am Ars Iod
Worse, 2.00 am-3.00 am Kali Carb
Worse, 4.00 am-5.00 am Natrum Sulph
Better, bending backwards Calcarea Carb
Better, lying down Psorinum
Better, rocking Kali Carb
Better, sitting Arsenic Alb
Better, standing Cannabis Sativa
Better, walking Drosera
There was this interesting case of a sensitive child who we treated successfully. The childs asthma attacks coincided with his fathers foreign trips and absence from home this, we deduced, was triggered by feelings of separation anxiety. A few doses of Magnesia Carbonica 200C, a homeopathic remedy, which corresponds to such a symptom, were enough to make him feel all right and free from asthmatic episodes.
The efficacy of homeopathy for asthma has similarly been proven through clinical research.
THINGS TO DO
- Take your medicine correctly.
- Know your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Deal with emergencies.
- Identify the signs just before your asthma starts to go of control
- Look at symptoms and their nature
- Know exactly what action to take based on how you are feeling and what stage you are in
- Do not ignore your asthma symptoms. Act quickly on danger signals to prevent or avert an asthma attack. Consult your doctor immediately.