Sunita had a baby when she was 27 and immediately after pregnancy, her hair began to fall out.
But to her horror, it didn’t stop. Her hair continued to fall out and not grow in again. Very soon it was noticeably thin. Her scalp was showing through her hair and the volume had reduced to less than half. She was so upset. Her hair at one time was her crowning glory. They were long, thick, shiny and black. Now she couldn’t grow it past her shoulders because it was weak and thin.
Sunita’s husband left her when the baby was 6 months old. She was devastated by her hair loss condition, divorce and the stress of having a new baby.
People made unkind comments to her and it started affecting her self-esteem. She stopped going out with friends, refused to date and hated going into work because she felt so ugly and self-conscious about her thinning hair. She felt horrible and knew she had to change something but didn’t know how to get over the embarrassment of her situations.
Solution to all her problems is ‘Homeopathy’. It is, by far, the safest and most humane form of medical science. It aims to treat the whole person rather than just the physical symptoms (which in the case of Sunita, includes stress and depression along with hair loss).
Below jotted are few points to explain why homeopathic medicines for hair loss and other scalp problems are perfect:
- Hair fall treatment in homeopathy is holistic in nature and treats the patient as well as the pathology. For example, if a person is suffering from both the conditions, PCOS and hair loss, homeopathy can treat the disorders simultaneously with minimum medicine, unlike conventional treatment.
- Hair lotions available in the market to control hair loss are very high in chemicals and can cause chemical burns on the scalp skin leading to permanent hair loss. Homeopathy medicines for hair loss have no such side-effects as they are prescribed in the oral form of medication.
- Hair loss treatment in homeopathy is free from side-effects. Not only do homeopathic medicines reduce hair loss but they also protect the body from harmful side-effects (such as decreased libido, ejaculation problems) that are common with conventional drugs.
- Homeopathic medicines for hair loss such as Thuja Occidentalis or Sabal Serrulata have been used for treating the condition since 100 years. International clinical studies have proven that the two homeopathic remedies cited natural DHT-inhibitor (the hormone responsible for causing thinning of hair), i.e. they can control hair loss caused by DHT without side-effects.
- Stress causes hormonal disturbances in the body like thyroid problems/ PCOS which are known to cause hair loss and is very effectively treated with homeopathy.
- As mentioned earlier, homeopathy is a mind-body medicine. Homeopathy treats not only the physical complaints but also targets the mind and gently restores mind-body equilibrium- thus it treats the patient as a whole. This makes homeopathy an excellent solution for hair problems related to the mind such as stress related patchy hair loss (alopecia areata), hair pulling disorder (trichotillomania), or stress induced massive hair shedding.