Urinary Incontinence - Diagnosis
At Dr Batra's™, for female patients who feel hesitant or embarrassed to discuss these problems with a male doctor, we have female doctors to address and treat their condition. Following are the steps to diagnose urinary incontinence:
- Our doctors will ask the patient questions pertaining to urinary incontinence, including any emotional or social embarrassment that the condition might be causing.
- The doctors will perform a medical assessment and clinical examination to understand the condition's progress.
- They will understand the diagnosis, prognosis and outcome of the condition.
- They will plan treatment as per the stage of the disease.
- The patient may be asked to identify any associated illnesses.
- In case of doubts, a second opinion may be advised.
- skin disease such as rash, boils and infections due to skin irritation
- recurrent urinary tract infections and fever
- obesity due to lack of exercise
- unpleasant urine odour from the body
- hygiene problems
- disturbed sleep
- low self-image
- emotional and social isolation – avoiding social gatherings and outings with the family
- relationship issues between partners
- depression because of an impaired quality of life